Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @LeoneKraus | LinkedIn: Leone Kraus | Website: http://www.leonekraus.me
Senior Director, National Accounts, Methodologie
August 2013 – Present Seattle, WA
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key decision makers at Fortune 500 companies in corporate social responsibility, sustainability, corporate communications and brand reputation departments. Garnered win from Fortune 50 company in first three months.
- Develop proposals and pitch presentations; identify value-add and develop competitive positioning for RFP responses.
- Monitor trends in sustainability efforts; identified need to offer campaign solutions to complement report to drive engagement.
- Produce blog content focused on developing engaging CSR communications for website and outside publications. Launched first-ever post on GreenBiz.com, which featured agency research and led to webinar invite from Sustainable Brands.
- Develop conference proposals for Sustainable Brands, Net Impact and GreenBiz; facilitate 3rd party partnerships to enhance solution offerings.
Business Development Director, Blue State Digital, Inc.
July 2011 – June 2013 New York, NY
- Uncovered new business opportunities via networking, outbound and building relationships with key decision makers.
- Drafted proposals and built pitch presentations for non-profit organizations, political campaigns, and corporate brands.
- Facilitated pitch process by managing communications across agency teams to ensure that what we prepare achieves client goals and objectives.
- Conducted research on market trends to shape story of why investing in digital matters for various sectors and clients.
- Notable accounts: Wells Fargo, Brooklyn Museum, New Visions for Public Schools, Malaria No More, Freedom to Marry, Human Rights Campaign, It Gets Better Project, and Stand for Children.
Marketing Manager, The Slate Group | The Washington Post Company
January 2010 – June 2011 New York, NY
- Prepared marketing materials that differentiate Slate from our competition (i.e. Wall Street Journal and New York Times) and highlighted new product launches and core editorial programs.
- Identified and developed strategic creative and innovative digital advertising solutions that spanned across online, tablet, mobile, video platforms and offline event integration.
- Collaborated with team of sales reps to prepare for presentations including sales calls, pitches, road shows, wrap-up presentations, conferences, and events for $16M portfolio.
- Assisted TheRoot.com in hitting its annual sales goal (1.5M) for 2010 by end of Q3 and Slate’s annual sales goal for 2010 (approximately 16M).
National Sales Planner, The Washington Post Company
July 2008 – December 2009 New York, NY
- Worked collaboratively with sales representatives and managers to create customized digital solutions based off of RFPs, client, and agency feedback. All assigned sales reps made Q4 2008 through Q4 2009 goals. Annual goal for group was approximately $16M-$20M.
- Specialized in responding to international RFP campaigns across all major industries including energy, financial, healthcare, tourism, and technology.
- Notable accounts: Starbucks, IBM, HBO, PBS, Bank of America, Citibank, Merrill Lynch, and Coca-Cola.
Account Manager, The Washington Post Company
June 2007 – June 2008 New York, NY
- Served as client manager for a variety of high volume and low volume accounts post sale (approximately $12M – $14M) to ensure full delivery on contractual requirements across online advertising, mobile platforms, and video.
- Created under-delivery tracker report to foresee contracted revenue that was underperforming, resulting in saving millions each quarter for the company.
- Notable accounts: Ford, General Motors, Siemens, IBM, USAA, and Coca-Cola.
Director, Pre-College Programs, Academy of Art University
December 2002 – April 2007 San Francisco, CA
- Directed, coordinated, and managed all aspects required to launch successful high school programs including curriculum development, orientations, final exhibition events and portfolio days.
- Assisted in creation and edits of all marketing materials for program (i.e. website, brochure, posters, postcard, email blasts etc) and aided in development of marketing strategies to target different high school populations around the United States.
- Supervised team of 5 admission representatives; increased program enrollment by 30% and increased conversion from high school program to undergraduate degree enrollment by 20%.
- Aided in creation, development, and implementation of new online pre-college high school programs, which launched in Summer 2007.
Medical Buyer, University of California San Francisco
October 2001 – July 2002 San Francisco, CA
- Increased medical sales by 15% for fiscal year after five-year downward trend.
Capstone Advisor, New York University, School of Professional Studies: Strategic Communications, Marketing and Media Management
January 2014 – Present New York, NY
- Advise graduate students on their final thesis topic and supporting research.
Account Manager, Cause + Effect Public Relations, Inc. (Paid Internship)
September 2010 – July 2011
- Prepared public relations marketing plans for both entertainment and non-profit clients.
- Developed press releases and media pitches to obtain coverage in both small and large gay publications.
- Managed client relationships and identified earned media strategies to achieve client’s objectives.
- Social Media, Ethics, and Exposing Information About LGBT Users
Harvard Kennedy School of Government, LGBTQ Journal | Published: October 2013, online and print.
- Advertising Week, Contributor
Write pieces that encourage agencies and brands to consider how they can better integrate LGBT voices into their over-arching marketing and advertising strategies. | March 2011 – Present
- Various Publications
Writing has been featured in GreenBiz.com, Advertising Week, The Huffington Post and The Bilerico Project.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & COMMUNITY PROJECTS
- Member, Net Impact Seattle | August 2013 – Present
- Social Media, Privacy, Ethics and the LGBT Community, Workshop Organizer & Presenter | 2013 Creating Change Conference
- Speaker on Crisis Communications, Participant | 2012 Business & Leadership Conference, National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- Volunteer, Empire State Pride Agenda, New York, NY | November 2007 – April 2013
Held a variety of co-chair and committee positions. Groups chaired raised over $300,000 in donations in five years. Active participant for lobbying efforts to push policies in favor of gay marriage, transgender equality, safe schools and work place protections in New York State.
M.S. Corporate Communications & Public Relations
New York University, School of Continuing and Professional Studies: Strategic Communications, Marketing and Media Management
- Practicum: Strategic Communications Plan developed for Freedom to Marry’s public education campaign, “Why Marriage Matters.” Recognized as an exemplary piece of work by the program.
- Capstone: Social Media Ethics, Privacy, and the LGBT Community. This is a published piece of work.
B.S. Business Administration – Concentration in project management
DeVry University, CA (with honors)